A common question we often hear is how do I prevent weeds from growing between paving?
The stark truth is, weeds can manage to get anywhere and over time even embed themselves in rock and concrete. So the question should really be what is the best way to suppress weeds from growing between paving?
The answer traditionally was by using sand and cement, or if you required a more porous solution using simple sharp sand.
The problems with these two solutions are sharp sand is actually a great place for weed seeds to bed. As for sand and cement this will crack quite quickly and is really hard work to apply to a great finish.
The better solution is to use a resin based patio grouting compound such as Resiply Resi Dual. The process is quick, convenient and almost as easy as brushing in sand.
Here’s how using the Resiply Resi Dual Half Pack.
- Remove any loose debris from between your paving.
- Clean the patio jet wash your patio paving ensuing the patio is clear of loose material. If you haven’t got a jet wash use a good stiff brush and hose down.
- Mix Part A and Part B of the Resi Dual compound and shake well.
- Add the mixed compound to the sand.
- Fill the Part A bottle with clean water.
- Mix the sand and Resi Dual compound using a paddle mixer attached to drill.
- Pour mix on to your work area.
- Brush in to joints using a stiff brush.
- Finally using a soft brush lightly remove any remaining crumbs from the surface.
Resiply Resi Dual performs many times better than traditional sand and cement, is quicker, easier and improves the colour of your paving. As the product is porous water simply drains away naturally meaning your patio has fewer puddles and much less chance of any weeds being able to grow through.
Our product has been tested for many years in the industry of hard landscaping and we believe it is the very best way to suppress weeds from growing between paving?
To find out more get in touch today or find your nearest Resiply stockist here.